I am Marcello Konings. 23 years old and I like to see my self as a technology loving, creative and ahead thinking IT professional who believes that future technologies should make our (work)life easier. In the past I worked for Aon as a network engineer and helped them design and build part of their now standardized (office)network. Besides that, I am an active member of the Dutch LAN-Party scene and my team and I organize events to connect gamers, eSporters and companies with each other.
Aon Risk Services | Aon Rotterdam 2018 — Ongoing
Working as a member of the Aon EMEA network team to transition the Mutliple sites in our EMEA Network Infrastructure towards a more modern, simpler and efficient network environment. As a Network Engineer my team and I are responsible for keeping the EMEA network environment alive and kicking.
- Helped design and build multiple network infrastructures from start to finish.
- Helped facilitate integration of multiple complex platforms that now work together.
- Adapted as a Junior to an Enterprise organisation.
Aon Risk Services | Aon Rotterdam 2018 — 2018
Supported Aon in designing, testing and implementing a NL Office network standard.
- Researched Aon's current Routing,Switching and Wi-Fi platforms.
- Researched network redundancy and resiliency methods.
- Researched new Routing, Switching and Wi-Fi platforms.
- Designed a small and large branch-office network standard.
- Created a Proof-of-Concept enviroment in EVE-NG.
- Created a Testing Strategy.
Aon Risk Services | Aon Rotterdam 2016 — 2017
Designed a migration approach to migrate multiple local DNS/DHCP/NTP and IPAM platforms to a centralised InfoBlox platform.
- Mapped the DNS infrastructure of Aon EMEA area.
- Helped implementing the Aon EMEA DNS/DHCP/NTP and IPAM platform.
- Learned alot about IT Service Managment as a whole.
- Studied for ITILv3 Foundation and recieved the certificate.
MediaMarkt Breda 2016 — 2018
Supported customers with various consumer electronics questions, repairs and problems.
- Certified myself for Smartphone repair. (Samsung/Apple/Huawei)
- Certified myself for Tablet repair. (Samsung/Apple/Huawei)
- Certified myself for Laptop repair.
- I improved my communcation skills alot explaining technical topics to customers.
DreamLAN LAN-Parties 2014 — Ongoing
Co-founder of the DreamLAN event and community. My team and I organise events to help gamers connect, compete and have a good time.
DreamLAN 2019 almost reached 100 participants!
DutchComicCon 2018 2018
Hosted a stage with the DreamLAN team, we hosted a 6v6 Overwatch tournament which was viewed by 10.000+ People.
DutchComicCon 2017 2017
Hosted a Playerunknown's Battlegrounds competition and got to share my excitement to alot of gamers!
Hogeschool Utrecht 2014 — 2018
Radius College 2012 — 2014
- CCNA/CCNP (To be certified)
- PFsense, DD-WRT
- Ubiquiti Unifi, HPe Aruba
- JunOS & Cisco IOS
IT Service Management
- ITILv3 Foundation (Certified)
- Prince2 (Certified)
- SCRUM (to be Certified)
- Agile working methods
Scripting / Programming
- (Linux)Shell scrpting (Bash/Powershell)
Other IT related
- VMware vSphere & Hyper-V
- CentOS, Debian and many other flavours of Linux
- Grafana, InfluxDB, Telegraf
- FreeNAS & ZFS
- OpenStack, Nagios
- Minor in Project Management
- Microsoft Office Specialist & ECDL
- Making coffee
- Enjoying myself
- Gaming (I hate to lose)
- Security / Cryptography
- Open-Source technologies
- Business development
- Reducing complexity whilest adding functionallity
- HomeLAB. I have my own lab environment at home
- Cars, I drive a "91 Mazda Miata MX-5
- Movies and series 🎥
- Working out 🏋️